Sunday, April 24, 2011

Back to the Zoo!

Okay, so we have avoided the Zoo during construction.....No worries, we came back and LOVE the new exhibit. They did a really great job with the new Trails of Africa exhibit and WE LOVE IT!!

We happened to be walking past the exhibit for the giraffes and other animals, in an area where there is a very tall fence and shrubbery so I guess give some privacy to the animals behind it....Well, we happened upon, and will say were VERY surprised by the invasive giraffe that decided to break through the fence and feed on the shrubbery. We really were not paying attention to this little area of greenery.....that is until a little/large giraffe poked his neck out and said hello as he decided to eat the leaves RIGHT in front of us. It was ALL I could do to keep my kids from petting it! You can see in the picture above where he is feeding on the shrubbery....
I thought this was a good picture showing this giraffe taking out the fence!


ROAR!!! My little lion!!!

No comments: