Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend Project

Well, I am embarrassed to say that I have never carved a pumpkin...until now! I decided the other day that we were going to carve one and went down to the Pig and picked out the cutest pumpkin I could find. (Sorry to disappoint, but the Pig was the best I could do with 3 kids in tow and the pumpkins my children picked out at the pumpkin patch are hardly big enough to carve a thumbprint in!) I took my cute pumpkin home and my sweet husband took charge and now we have a cute little one toothed redneck jack-o-lantern sitting on our front porch.
I now have a ton of pumpkin seeds and pulp (not sure what you actually call it) and am excited about roasting the seeds and finding some fun recipes for the pulp after I puree it. If you have any good ideas/recipes send them my way. Oh, and we had so much fun that today we went and picked up another pumpkin to carve. Looks like I will have plenty of seeds and pulp to make yummy things with!

Pretty good for the first time!


We had lots of help for this one!


I had never seen the inside of a pumpkin...just in case you have not either, here is what it looks like!

Langston was the biggest helper...she loved it. Stephen said, "Eww, that's yucky!"

Carson got bored and thought shedding my fern was more fun!

The Artist and his finished project. I can not decide who is cuter!

3 comments:

The Powells said...

I love the pumpkin!!

Christina

Julee H. Nappier said...

I just came upon you blog. Super cute Halloween theme!!(:

Erica said...

I am so surprised you had never carved a pumpkin before now! I'm with Stephen on it feeling gross! The kids are adorable as always!