Kind of a funny combo, I know....but that was our weekend. Poor Carson woke up Saturday morning wheezing and literally barking. I took her to the doctor and obviously, as you can imagine, she was diagnosed with croup and given a steroid shot. Since she wasn't running a fever (just a nasty cough), and was very spirited, I was able to drop her off with Nana and run the other kiddos to Disney on Ice. We gave them tickets for their birthday and they were so excited. I thought we had gotten pretty good seats, but when we got there I realized that we had incredibe seats, right on the floor. When I say we were on the floor, I literally mean they were on the floor and I could tap the ice with my foot!! I think the kids really enjoyed being so close, you really got the feel that you were part of the show....especially when the characters literally fall into your seat with you! Yep, the Mad Hatter actually popped into Paul's vacant seat (I believe he was at the concession getting either the $10 cotton candy or the $12 snow cone...rip off can we say!!). Stephen was really impressed and laughed. All in all, the kids had a wonderful time and I was so excited to see them enjoy it. I really wasn't sure how they would do with characters, but they had fun pointing and calling each one out and at the end several of the characters came up to them and let them shake their hands (of course by this time my camera battery had died! Go figure!!) Paul and I left contemplating a Disney trip in our future....who knows!!
My thinking that we had turned the corner and were on our way to feeling better was short lived as Langston woke up Sunday morning with an upset tummy, Stephen started throwing up again Sunday evening and Carson is still coughing. I guess it's back to the doctor for us! The fun never ends around here!
My thinking that we had turned the corner and were on our way to feeling better was short lived as Langston woke up Sunday morning with an upset tummy, Stephen started throwing up again Sunday evening and Carson is still coughing. I guess it's back to the doctor for us! The fun never ends around here!
This would be the Mad Hatter after he left our seat....yes, I was too slow with my camera and could not get a picture of he and Stephen quick enough!
One of Langston's favorites...Cinderella and her prince
Enjoying our $10 snow cone during intermission
The Incredibles
2 comments:
Meg - I love the pictures - I feel like I was there!! Glad to hear the kids enjoyed it and I hope you guys get to feeling better soon!
I love the new pictures but so sorry to hear everyone is sick. MM had croup the day after Halloween two years ago. It's kind of scary that first night but they seem to get better quickly. Hang in there!
Post a Comment