Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Stephen's Special Week



Stephen recently had his "Special Week" at school and he had so much fun. Each child is assigned a week that is their special week. It usually falls when thier birthday is, but when you have a late summer birthday, you just get a week at the end of March! This is the special crown he got to wear all week, and I mean all week. He wore this thing all day, to every place we wnt to, even to Tae Kwan Do! To say he was proud and excited it was finally HIS special week, it an understatement!


Stephen picked out a bunch of pictures that he wanted to share with his class and we made a really great poster to bring to school. He was really proud of it and I am told, did a great job explaining all the pictures to his class!



Daddy even got to eat lunch with him one day during the week. He thought this was really neat and it was a special treat for Paul to get to see him at school, eat lunch with him and play for a little bit too. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of that to share though! We also came up with a fun special project to do with his friends....we made playdough! I used the peanut butter recipe and it was lots of fun. I have used this before and it has turned out perfect....but unfortunately, the day we did our special project, it was very rainy and was really humid inside his classroom. I believe the humidity did a number on our project because I had some trouble getting it to dough right (if that makes sense!!). But the kids didn't seem to mind....they LOVED getting their hands dirty and playing with it! It ended up being a fun and very messy project!


This was the beginning process. We had 2 groups because the class was so big, and we started out stirring the ingredients and then quickly went to using our hands. The kids were so cute, they had peanut butter all over the place! I felt bad that I couldn't get it to completely dough right, so I went to buy some birdseed and sent the kids home with the perfect birdfeeder kits! I know it sounds quirky, but we made some really great feeders and the birds at my house love them! I think it's all that powdered sugar!!


As a special treat to end his special week, we took Stephen to the Day Out With Thomas. He still loves trains and has enjoyed going to this the last couple of years. It was a bit rainy at first, but it turned out to be a really nice day. Regardless, we had a great time and he even let Langston tag along for the fun.



We sported some new tattoos....on the face....you can guess which parent decided where those would go!! Fortunately they came off fairly easily with rubbing alcohol.
We played putt-putt...


We played in the bouncy thing....


and we played in the bouncy thing! ....



We had storytime....





We chased down Thomas when he finally came back in and it was time for our ride!




And of course we rode the big blue engine! What a special way to celebrate our "Special Week"!

2 comments:

Allison said...

so cute, Meg! I love that hat. So typical how the playdough recipe didn't cooperate! I know how it feels! At least the kids don't care!

Erica said...

How cute! It looks like he had a fun week!