Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Stephen!

Stephen hit the big #5 milestone, August 25th. It was a very exciting day, but also a bit of a reality check for me because I realized that my baby is growing up. I don't know where the last 5 years have gone, they seem to have just flown by. I can vividly remember that first time that I held him, he was so tiny, with the biggest feet and longest cone head I had ever seen! Fast forward 5 years and my sweet little baby is in Kindergarten! God could not have blessed us more, we love you so much Stephen and wish you the happiest birthday. We have so many wonderful memories of these last 5 years and are so excited about the new memories we make each day.


We celebrated his birthday with family and a homemade cake made by the birthday boy, with the help of our sweet Aunt Molly. He had a blast. Langston, who thinks that every birthday party is her party, was a bit upset that all the attention was on him and not her. We put a big 5 balloon on the mailbox and when he tried to show it to her, she crossed her arms and turned her back to the window! When we started singing Happy Birthday, she had a huge smile on her face, but when we said Stephen's name in the chorus, she started pouting and crying because she really thought it was her birthday and no one said her name! And of course she was a bit disappointed in all of the monster trucks he received instead of barbies! It was really priceless!


You can see Langston crying on the left...she is upset because no one is singing Happy Birthday to her!



We also celebrated with his friends with a Monster Truch Water Slide Party. Stephen talked about this water slide for weeks and how he wanted a monster truck water slide. Unfortunately, they do not make monster truck water slides, so we settled for a basic water slide and a monster truck birthday cake. The party was so much fun, I was amazed at how much the kids LOVED the water slide.


Carson even made a few trips down the slide! Contrary to what it appears, she actually loved it and went back down a few more times!






1 comment:

Sue said...

Happy Birthday to Stephen! I love your new header! Hope to see you soon! We'll be home for the HC game and Tennessee!