Saturday, May 29, 2010

Big Fish Play & Fun Fair

The "Big Fish" at Canterbury performed the sweetest play for their fans... Jesus and his twelve dudes, with Mary & Gabrielle, was a huge hit with the parents and family that were there to watch the performance. It is such an emotional experience to see your child on stage (so to speak), performing and saying lines they have practiced very hard at learning. They all did a wonderful job and I am so proud of them, especially my sweet boy, who was Bartholomew. I don't have panoramic view on my lens, so the next 2 photos are the entire class in their costumes, before they performed their lines individually. You will have to imagine the pictures pasted together to see the entire image!





Aren't they SO sweet!


Bartholomew, A.K.A Stephen Lilly


"I am honest and true. Jesus loves a pure heart I say to you" was his line and he did wonderfully!

They took a very short intermission to change out of costumes and each came out with a letter person they had been learning over the year. They had some fun songs to sing about some of the letters, the states, etc. before each one of them had a Bible verse to recite. Stephen's verse was "Thou shall not steal" Exodus 20:15. He spoke so clearly and did a fabulous job, we couldn't be more proud of him!


Stephen with his teahers, Ms. Wini & Ms. Frances. They are two of the most patient, nurturing and loving teachers you could ask/want for your child. Thank you to both of you for such an amazing and wonderful year for all of the children!

Stephen had a small cheering section which included his favorite....G!



Mom & Dad

And Nana too! Joe-Joe was in attendance as well, but unfortunately, I did not get a great picture with he and Stephen, so hopefully Joe did and I can upload that later. Needless to say, he was well supported and loved!

Following the play, they "Big Fish" enjoyed a Fun Fair complete with a Killer Whale water slide, a pizza party and a visit from the ice cream man! You truly can't ask for more fun and they LOVED it!!!

Stephen and one of his best buds, Hudson


"The Big Fish" What a fun group, we will miss you all next year!

No comments: