We had a fabulous 4th of July filled with LOTS of swimming, boating, LOTS of food and LOTS of family!! Between the 18 adults and the kiddos we brought, the house was full, but we had a great time. I hope your celebration of our freedom was just a fun! Thanks to all those before us and those fighting today, that have ensured and keep ensuring our freedom so we can enjoy times like these.
Lazy time in the water! Carson A.K.A The Floating Baby, loves just hanging out in the water. She is typically so happy hanging out in the water (unless you are Coach John....sorry coach, she just isn't in to taking instruction!!! I guess I have another strong willed child in the making!!)
Stephen & Paul had fun on the double rider tube. Stephen thought it was so cool, it was so much fun to see him in action!

Look mom, no hands and I'm standing up!!!
Langston wasn't as excited about the ride, but I got on with her anyways. It's surprising to me, she is so comfortable in the water swimming, doing flips (which she taught herself in the pool), she loves it. She is my most adventurous child, but this was not in her book of things she wanted to do this weekend! No worries, we made it a short trip!
Doc loves to surprise the kids with fun toys he picks up from time to time. This weekend he brought puppets, sunglasses and a velcro dart board! Carson and he are chatting it up with the panda bear, I thought this was so cute.

Carson in her new hollywood shades, making her best attempt at puppeteering!
G brought a huge bottle of bubbles and a bag full of bubble toys. Carson loves bubbles and was in hog heaven. She still however, does not grasp the concept that she doesn't need to eat the bubbles off the wand before blowing them. It was quite funny. And of course, now I realize that I will never be able to wash her mouth out with soap when she is in trouble!!!
Chad, building a coozie tower with Carson. She had so much fun knocking them down! Chad was so sweet to keep putting them up and letting her swipe her little hand at them time and time again!

We did whip out the wii and challenged the gang to some wii sporting events. Bowling was a big hit, my 5 year old so nearly beat 3 grown men! He doesn't know he barely lost in the last frame, you certainly could tell by his celebration victory dance! It was fun, can't wait till the next challenge!

Happy 4th of July!
Look Doc, we both have flags on our shirts!!
Nana even ventured out on the boat to watch the kids have fun. She enjoyed herself too!

Even Carson got in on the water action. She wasn't quite sure what to think at first, but she seemed to enjoy it by the end!

Langston decided to sit this one out and chose to take a boat ride nap instead. I am constantly amazed that she will not and has not napped since she was about 15 months old, but get her on a boat and she is fast asleep! Maybe we should move into a houseboat!
A shot of some of the geese that live around us.
No comments:
Post a Comment