We took a little trip today for to our very own Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville to see the one and only, Star Wars exhibit on display there. Stephen is so in to Star Wars, that we thought it would be a fun trip to take him on and let him see some of the original set props, costumes and designs for the movies. It was really quite impressive. They did a good job of displaying everything and tying science into the exhibit with different areas where kids could make their own robots, floating cars (like in the movies), etc. Most everything was displayed behind heavy glass, which made taking pictures difficult because you could not use flash, but we took some anyways and you can check them out below. We did take a trip on the simulated Millennium Falcon, which I must say, unless you are an avid pin collector (they give you a special pin after you ride) I would save they extra money and bypass that event. It really wasn't worth the extra $! But the exhibit was really neat and we enjoyed it. I think I got most of the names right, but I will have to let Stephen double check me in the morning. He loves Star Wars and knows ALL of the characters....it's kind of scary!!!
We brought Doc with us today...I thought this was a neat picture of them going in to the museum.
The Millennium Falcon. A lot of the fighter planes they used in the movies, were actually this size so they move them around and film them in different directions, speed and styles.
Luke's X-Wing Fighter
Luke's Sand Speeder. Apparently this was the actual one they used in the movie, Empire Strikes Back.

R2-D2
Princess Leia, R2-D2 & C3PO

Stephen with the actual Darth Vadar costume. Like I said, it was hard to take pictures with the glass behind you!

Storm Trooper
Weapons

Snow Trooper
Master Yoda

A Jawa
A replica of a Jawa's cruiser

Obi Wan Kenobi's costume

Han Solo and Chewbacca's costume
Stephen riding a simulated land cruiser ride

Doc & Stephen building their own R2 Droid
Stephen working on the droid
No comments:
Post a Comment