Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This, That and a Vacation Too?!

Okay, so on my last post I assumed that I was back....and by back, I mean to blogging of course! Well it seems that I spoke too soon. We've been sidelined with sinus infections, blistering ear infections (that's at least how the dr described it and I actually got to look through the otoscope and see for myself...it was pretty gross!) and a fever virus that shot up to 104. It's been wild, but I think we are on the mend and happy to say that we are at least back to school (or at least mom is happy!!). So, I guess you can imagine that I haven't really taken many pictures over the last couple of weeks, but here is a look at what has been going on....
Before we got the bug, we did have lots of fun making Valentine's for our friends and family. My kids absolutely LOVE helping in the kitchen, especially when it involves chocolate!!

Aren't they the cutest little culinards!!

Yes, this is a picture of my thumb...my poor suffering thumb! A little over a month ago, I accidentally slammed it in the car door. When I say slammed, I mean literally....someone had to come open the door up for me. Anyways, it is MUCH better today and this is just a lovely little shot at how cute it is...as are my pink kitchen countertops! No worries though, it will soon fall off and I will have a lovely new fingernail....the countertops I am not sure fair as well....we'll see, hopefully they will get ripped out soon too!!


Okay, so I know you are wondering why I took a picture of my keys....well, I thought you would get a kick out of what happened to my real set of keys....one of my children accidentally flushed them down the toilet...yes, you read that correctly, the entire set...the only keyless entry and real car key that I was given with the car, my house key, a key to the lake house, another odd key, a couple of tags (gym, grocery, library, etc.) and my key fob to get into the day school at Canterbury. As you can see, it was a pretty hefty set of keys that got sucked up the commode. It happened as I was dropping off at school one day and was taking Langston to the bathroom. As the toilet got flushed, Carson (who was playing with the keys) dropped them into the bowl at the same exact moment and alas, I have not seen them since (and certainly do not want them back!!). I can laugh....now!

Here is my fun news..

These are not just any ordinary maps, but the maps of where I am headed in a couple of weeks....the Wine Country and San Fransisco! I CANNOT wait!!! This is an early celebration for my 30th birthday (which doesn't happen until May!!) and we are really excited about it. I've been pregant during all of our big milestones and birthdays, so we are ready for a nice vacation! We have it all mapped out...a couple days in San Fransisco, a few days in the wine county...sounds wonderful doesn't it!!

And now I leave you with a picture of my sweet bunny...Carson! She is so precious and ALL over the place. What a wonderful blessing #3 (along with 1 & 2) has been. I am excited in how much she has grown but in awe that it has happened so fast! I am now envious of all of my pregnant friends(of course that is just me, not Paul....yet:) )ha ha! I am glad you are all feeling well and having wonderful pregancies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are too cute :)
yall are going to have so much fun in wine country! we went a few yrs ago and loved it!! i want to go back :)

Allison said...

Love the pics of your little kitchen helpers! How cute! And I can so relate about the keys in the toilet! There is no telling what goes down our toilet! (I have recently fished out the remote and toothbrushes...how lovely) Have a wonderful trip!